We humans are victims of uncertainties and in this respect there is no chance of any solace or peace. We are constantly bombarded with the new do theft, murder or burglary that is why it is becoming very difficult to enjoy a peaceful sleep at night. This is the prime reason why we are now constantly on the lookout at different options that can help us in creating better control over the unprecedented situations. More
Tips for Notebooks
What should I do to evaluate the purchase of a laptop? What features should have my new notebook? Brand? Processor power? Amount of RAM? Capacity Hard Disk? Battery life? Model of video card?
These are all questions that arises who should buy a new laptop and unable to extricate themselves in the jungle of CPUs, gigabytes, megabytes, chips, Cache, FSB and various acronyms. Questions that in fact do not have a single answer because a computer can be used in different ways and for different purposes: work, play, multimedia, graphics processing, audio editing, video editing, then the choice should be made considering several factors, including of course the price.
Guide to the notebook
A website that you can help is definitely www.notebookcheck.net, the English version of the site German www.notebookcheck.com: there are dozens of notebooks with the ability to make comparisons between the main models of processors (Intel and AMD) and view the its Benchmark (index / measured value of benefits). Also of note is the section devoted to reviews of notebooks with tests on individual models of the major manufacturers and FAQs and Tips on laptops with guides and information also on the video cards and LCD screens and LED notebook.
Have fun shopping!
How to choose and buy a Tablet PC or a Tablet Computer? Since each person has his needs and his ideas of what is good and what is not, answer is not simple. Here are some guidelines that may help you in your choice.
For one thing, putting in search of a new Tablet PC, you have to clear it, since the sector “tablet” very confused and varied since Apple launched the iPad and millions of incompetent people have started talking about tablet without ever having seen and used.
The main thing that should be known how is that not all tablets are the same, not all allow you to do the same things and, above all, at the moment there are two large groups of devices, “tablet”: there are tablets that represent an evolution of the Personal Computer (i Tablet Personal Computer or Tablet PC) and those that represent an evolution of smartphones (such as the Tablet PC iPad or Android tablet).
What is the difference between Tablet PC and Tablet Computers? The difference between a device equipped with a complete operating system that allows you to do anything and use any PC application and a device with an operating system that, although much more usable with just your fingers, it is thought mainly for displaying content and not to create them.
In short we can say that if you look for something to read, play randomly, surf the internet and watch videos (and nothing else), a Tablet PC is what you need.
If you search for something with which to work, write, create content and operate without restrictions of applications, file formats or codecs, the Tablet PC is the device to which the choice must be addressed.
Including this one, as you can understand what is the best device? You can say many things but the truth is that each person has his needs and his own ideas and what may be good or very good for some may be totally useless for others.
It is therefore essential to understand their needs and ideas, because there is a Tablet PC or Tablet Computer best “ever” but surely there is the best tablet for the needs of a person.
Tablet Computer based on a number of general characteristics (weight, size, connectivity, …) or personal (aesthetic, price, …). Each characteristic is rated on a scale from one to ten and the sum of the individual scores indicates the goodness of the Tablet PC based on the perception of the person who assigned the scores.
What you should do then is simple: you create a list of features that are important or interesting to suit your needs, and reviews and sheets in hand, we evaluate the features in a personal way. It is important to emphasize that the assessment is personal: a person interested aesthetics might consider less suitable for the Lenovo X230t preferring the HP EliteBook tm2-2101sl, a person is not interested in pen and replaceable battery might consider Ergo Tabula more interesting than the Fujitsu Stylistic Q550 – there is a tablet absolute best.
In the picture above you can see an example of Hugometro designed to evaluate Tablet PC, and compared to the original version of Ortega, modified with custom features. Are evaluated, in particular, twelve features:
- Ability to replace a desktop PC (as a connectivity, wired or not)
- Ability to replace a desktop PC (as a power of the device is then evaluated primarily the power of the processor and video card)
- Ability to replace a desktop PC (defined as the presence of a docking station of some kind: the doors of a tablet may be limited, which may be fine in mobility, but a docking station can turn a well-made ultra-light tablet in a multi-workstation)
- Functionality Tablet PC (understood as a feature of pen: specifically, we evaluate the digitizer and the functionality of the stylus)
- Functionality Tablet PC (understood as a feature of touch: the type of digitizer, number of touches available, flush screen with the frame that offers the possibility of using also the first line of pixels, … You can even take into account an assessment of the quality of touch according to the power of the processor; eg experience touch Fujitsu Stylistic Q550 is very limited by the processor Atom)
- Mobility (defined as weight and dimensions)
- Mobility (understood as autonomy. It also assesses the presence of one or more replaceable batteries as for purposes of mobility, a device with three hours of autonomy but a replaceable battery and light is better, for the mobile user, a device with four hours of battery life and built-in battery that, when it ends, forces him to use the power supply)
- Format, size and screen resolution: it is personal assessments, but here it must be said that the screen size is critical.
- Visibility of the screen (defined as the angle of vision, clarity and brightness: if you are not going to use the tablet outdoors, anything goes, if you want to use on the move a glossy screen and a little light could result in serious difficulties’ use)
- Secondary characteristics (defined as all those things like the side scroll wheel or customizing software that are not essential but that improve – or worsen – significantly the user experience)
- Aesthetics (because the eye wants its part, this assessment is totally subjective)
The sum of sub-scores provides a numerical representation of the goodness of the Tablet PC to meet your needs.
If you decide to buy a new computer, whether PC or laptop, it is good to take into account some key features to proceed so buying a good car.
Never get fooled by advertising flyers that have PC at affordable prices indicating only information such as size Hard Disk, RAM and manufacturer of your processor without the technical specifications and without the accurate description of the other hardware components.
The price could also be a bargain, but in some cases, for the less experienced PC, you could go to buy a computer is not powerful that in a matter of time could serve little.
E ‘instead better to spend a little more to buy a car efficiently and that will work well in a few years.
To avoid unpleasant surprises, let’s see what features should have a good computer to buy again.
The processor is one of the most important hardware components to take into account. And ‘he who is responsible for performing all calculations and operations of all activities that are carried out to the PC. The power of a processor is expressed in GHz and 1 GHz corresponds to 1 billion transactions in a second by the CPU.
It goes without saying that more GHz has a processor, the more powerful processor. In this case, for example, are well suited processors Dual Core or Core Duo (dual core) that join two independent processors duplicating so the number of operations carried out in a second. Namely the processor, so the PC, so it will be more powerful.
Following this reasoning, it is therefore necessary to purchase a computer that has at least a Dual Core or Core Duo 2 GHz or more speed (clock) instead let alone single-core processors that now in most cases not lend themselves more comfortable with the software today.
There are also excellent Intel i series (i3, i5, i7) which start from the core Dual Core to Quad Core and 6 Core (four six cores). In this article are described in more detail.
The processors are the most common ones marked Intel and AMD their direct competitors. There is a great debate (especially on the web) what is the best between these two. On Google you can just write: better Intel or AMD? to claw back thousands of pages where in websites, blogs and forums discussing this topic.
It is clear, however, (as a percentage of satisfaction of users), currently Intel processors are a bit ‘more than the AMD, among other things, a bit’ more expensive.
RAM (Random Access Memory)
The RAM is another important component of the hardware which take into account. Takes care of temporarily store (virtually) the data and information of the various operations and activities carried out at the PC (for example, the use of programs) thus avoiding burdening the computer memory physically available, which otherwise would cause an overload recording a slowing or blocking of the machine directly.
It goes without saying, therefore, that the higher the RAM, the faster the processing of data and the various operations carried on as such to enter and browse the Internet, use video games, programs, more simply open folders, documents, and anything else yet.
A good new computer must therefore have enough RAM, a minimum of 2-3 GB of RAM to 4 GB of RAM (more recommended) or higher, there are in fact computers sold already with 8 GB of RAM installed.
It would also be good to choose a computer that lets you add more RAM to that already present in most, or a PC that the motherboard has more RAM slots free in the future enable it to further expand the RAM memory. In this way, in a few years you will not necessarily need to buy a faster computer, but the speed can be increased by adding another banquet of new RAM (of course it is good to have a powerful processor). It is also good to know that on Windows 7 and 8, the RAM can be expanded using additional banquet as the USB key in this article is how to do.
Given the existing games and the latest software is just as important to buy a new computer that has a powerful video card. The most common are those NVidia and ATI.
A proper video card allows you to run smoothly and video game programs that require substantial resources, thus avoiding blocks, slowdowns and screen shots.
Given the little difference in price is therefore better to buy a new computer that has a video card of at least 1GB (instead of 512MB), so as to run any software without any problems. There are many commercial PC video cards also have mounted 2 GB.
As said for the RAM, also in this case it would be good (not mandatory anyway), buy a PC that in the future allows to expand the video card, comprandone a new and more powerful. A feature that allows you to use the computer for a few years without having to get a new one.
For example my PC has a memory 4 GB RAM expandable to 8 GB, and a video card with 1024 MB expandable to 2048 MB (more than 2GB).
Another feature of the video card, which take into account are the ports with which to connect the PC to your TV or other equipment. Today definitely should not miss the HDMI port for high definition transmission of the audio signal and video in desktop PCs would be good that there are also DVI ports, VGA and S-Video. This article also lists all the ports and types of cables to connect your computer to the TV.
The Hard Drive is the hard drive of the PC that stores all the programs installed on the computer and all files added by the user such as audio, video, images, documents and so on. The larger the hard drive and more “stuff” is in it.
A Hard Disk 250 GB is more than enough, but it is very likely that your PC is present to buy a new hard drive even bigger, maybe 350, 500, 650 GB or 1 TB.
Now do not cost much and if necessary, if you need more space, you can buy an external hard drive to be connected via USB to the PC, opening up more memory.
Burner / DVD / CD Player
Today it is impossible that a new computer is missing the burner / DVD player and CD player, already installed in the PC at the time of purchase. From prefer Dual Layer writing dual layer then capable of storing more data on the disks.
Make sure the drive supports the most popular formats such as CDs and DVDs: DVD R, DVD RW, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD-ROM, DVD-Video, CD-R/RW, CD-ROM/XA, CD -ROM, Audio CD and various.
For those who are used to copy files to your PC from CD and DVD, in the case of a desktop computer (if not already present), you might consider buying a few Euros for a DVD / CD burner to add in support of the already mounted of the house. In this way we speed up the copying of optical discs using the two players simultaneously (one for the other to read the disk or copy the content masterizzarne), instead of copying the contents of the first CD / DVD in the computer and then subsequently burn it.
In this way also avoids always use the same reader handing so life, alternating with each other.
For laptop computers, in the same way and for the sex because you can buy a DVD player / burner outside only for a few euro.
Network Adapter Wi-Fi, Wireless
Component that must not be missed on a laptop and allows you to connect to the Internet wirelessly wherever you are. For example, if there is the cover of a public access point (in this case Italy is far behind), or to connect wirelessly to your home network, or even to “scrounge the Internet connection of a neighbor who has the wireless router unprotected “(not you ;)).
The speech of the operating system to choose is based on your personal preferences. But if you’re used to Windows, then you should choose a new computer installed with the latest operating system available so get used right away. In this case, Windows 8, which is the same as Windows 7, but with new features such as the Start screen in which among other things has integrated the Windows Store to download and install applications such as smartphones.
Two other components that must have the new computer
1. A sufficient number of USB ports (at least 4) to connect the printer, USB, external hardware, and any other device with a USB connection. Or if you wish, if necessary, you can expand the USB ports gaining for a few Euros a USB power strip.
Make sure that the USB ports are 2.0 and 1.0 (outdated), significantly faster in the exchange of data between devices. In 2011 also outputs USB 3.0 ports faster data management than previous but still not preferred as the spread of memory drive USB 3.0 is pretty low. Today on the market there are PCs that among other 2.0 have also installed the USB 3.0 port, a good solution on which to bet so as to have full compatibility with both versions.
2. Good ventilation, then an adequate number of fans that are able to cool the computer (the hardware) such as avoiding sudden blocks in the summer months due to overheating. With regard to desktop computers in this article we have seen some tips to ensure adequate ventilation in the event that it is subject to overheating.
Regarding the monitor, now also for desktop computers old ones CRT were finally overcome and replaced by those dishes LCD, LED in HD or Full HD superior in performance over that in terms of aesthetics and gain of space on the basis of support.
As for the programs necessary to install the new computer just purchased and that should not be missed, consult this list of 15 free software.
In the event that one is going to buy a laptop you can also try the online service Swogo that allows you to find the best notebook on the basis all’suo that if he has to do and how much money you want to spend.
Buying a computer is a daunting task for many people. The wide range of options available, along with frequent improvements in technology, it leaves many people bewildered. However, with a little effort and a little planning, you can buy a desktop or laptop computer that meets your needs. Here are things to consider when buying a computer.
- Determine how you plan to use the computer. The purpose for which you plan to use your computer must determine whether you want a desktop or laptop computer, as well as the hardware on the inside that will need to be able to meet your needs effectively.
- If you plan to use your computer to video games, you’ll want the faster processor and a large amount of random access memory (RAM), as well as a large and fast hard drive and a mind-blowing graphics card. Some players choose to have 2 or even 4 graphics cards, but this requires extra power to power the computer and takes up the expansion slot that could be used for something else.
- If you plan to use your computer to edit digital photos and video, it will take a large capacity hard drive to store all your digital images. You’ll want a fast processor, a large display and a good graphics card, but you do not need a graphics card that as a good of a player. If you do see more images and to change then you can settle for low-end components. If you want to view images on a TV, you need to be sure that the video and audio connectors match those of the TV.
- If you plan to use your computer to run programs for the business, you need enough power to run the software that allows you to perform daily activities. You’ll need a faster processor only if you are running a large number of different software applications and a graphics card of quality only if you are running a business of graphic design.
- If you plan to use your computer at home or at work, you’ll want at least as much processing power and memory.
- If you bring your work with you regularly, it will take a laptop, if you normally do not bring your work with you, a desktop will be suitable. If you travel a lot, you should consider a netbook, this is small, lightweight and portable, but its screen is smaller and the processor is slower, it usually is suitable mainly for word processing, data entry and e-mail .
- Set a budget. Unlike other electronic products that tend to become cheaper and more accessible over time, but for a PC there will always pay more for faster processors, more memory and more features. You can usually get a decent desktop computer with screen and accessories for less than 750 Euros, and sometimes for just € 500, unless you need more features or a more expensive system. The laptops tend to cost more than desktop computers with the same characteristics, but decent laptops can be had for less than 800 Euros.
Generally, Apple computers tend to be more expensive computers running Windows or Linux, but are more suitable for users who do a lot of graphic work.