Knee problem can occur to any person anytime irrespective of the age factor. People succumb to the knee problem mostly suffer from rheumatoid arthritis as well as the osteoarthritis. These two notable diseases possibly wreak havoc on your knees. Now down the line you might have to undergo any knee surgery to get rid of the dilemma. But for that you have to know the facts which elaborately explain the knee replacement surgery.
What do you mean by knee arthoplasty or total knee replacement?
When the arthritic joint is substituted with any plastic or metal component, it is known as the total knee replacement. Overall, it takes two hours to conduct the whole surgery. On the whole three types of components are used in the process. They are namely tibia part where a metal is gummed to the tibia. On the other hand, there is femoral element where a piece of metal is connected to the thigh bone. Finally, the patellar constituent in which a piece of plastic is used to substitute the kneecap. Now considering the above parameters the knee replacement cost in India literally varies from 40,000rs to somewhere 1,00,000rs.
Different types of the knee replacement surgery:
Well the type of the knee replacement always ends on the final call of the surgeon. Normally two types are executed based on the condition of the knee.
- Computer aided knee replacement surgery:
The leading edge technology is incorporated to alienate the joint areas. Now you should know that the alignment should be done in a proper way, ensuring a good longevity of the metal piece.
- Slightest invasive knee replacement surgery:
In order to use this type of surgery method, the surgeon has to ensure that the thigh and the knee are in exact alignment. In this typical surgery process, an incision is encouraged to a minimum level but without hampering the adjacent tissue connectivity.
Advantages that you expect from knee replacement surgery:
- A) It relieves you from the acute arthritic pain that severely obstructs your daily routine.
- B) At times it happens that you are extremely under the pain and it does not let you have a sound sleep. But once you undergo the knee replacement surgery, certainly you will get to have a profound sleep.
- C) Often times people administer problems like stiffness in the kneecap. Really, this is an indescribable trauma that needs an immediate solution.
- D) Even there are a few older people who literally feel like their kneecap bogged down.
- E) The best part is that there are well trained doctors who efficaciously treat your knees to end the problem.
- F) For cost inquisitive patients, the cost of knee surgery in India is fairly less compared to the western treatments. Additionally, you will get high end infrastructure in the hospitals, but at a lesser cost.
Is it safe to go for knee replacement surgery?
As you count the success possibility of the knee surgery, you will see that about 90% of the cases are attempted successfully. Coming to the risk factors, they are almost negligible. Therefore, you can consider this is as one of the safest surgeries.
Thus, if you or anyone near to you suffers from knee problem, just don’t delay and get the surgery done at your best convenience.