It is the desire of every woman to become mother to a bonny boy or a beautiful girl. Pregnancy can be stated to be the perfect time for unwinding and relaxing. There are several expectant mothers, who would like to take make the most of this situation to their benefit and to enjoy every moment of it. They could probably be tempted to get indulged in the different luxuries of life like facials, massages and spa treatments. It will be necessary for the pregnant woman to seek the advice of the health experts and accordingly go for such treatments.
Taking care of self during pregnancy
Besides preparing medication list for pregnancy, it is also necessary for the pregnant woman to take care of her body. The skin could probably become more sensitive at this stage of life, which might appear to be a wonderful idea. However, it could be quite painful at the same time.
Types of issues faced
There are many women who tend to suffer from physical complaints that are pregnancy related like muscle tension, backache, foot cramps and bloating. It is possible for them to avail medical spa treatments that can help provide quick relief to such issues. However, few types are not meant for mothers-to-be, as it could be dangerous for the unborn child. It will not be wise to leave one’s health as well as that of the baby, to chance. A good number of reputed medical spas do have well trained health care professionals who are well aware of what is good for the expectant mothers and what is not.
Treatments and medication for pregnant women
- Facials: Harsh peels or chemicals and extremely invasive facials should be avoided. Only organic and natural products, not having any strong chemical is to be used when pregnant.
- Massage: These are considered to be wonderful during the pregnancy stage. However, some women might find it somewhat uncomfortable to be on their back. It will be useful to identify a med spa having special massage table with bump clearly cut out for fitting the bump of the expectant mother. Health experts do not recommend few massage oils to be used during this time, including clary sage, juniper and peppermint.
- Waxing and hair removal: This can be more painful at this time, since women are likely to experience increased sensitivity towards pain at this stage. However, underarm waxing, leg waxing and bikini line eliminating is fine.
- Manicure or pedicure: Having basic pedi or mani is fine. Since chemicals are used in artificial extensions or nails, they can be dangerous for the unborn child.
- Acupuncture: It is an ancient need art which is used widely for providing treatment to morning sickness. It also helps the expectant mothers to feel more comfortable. At the same time, it is also safe to be performed all through the three trimesters. Few acupuncturists would like to wait for the initial six weeks.
Being pregnant can be just wonderful. But it will be crucial to take care of self and the unborn baby.