Mathematics is a subject which makes one organized and regular. It generates some qualities in a person like creativity, power to give aptitude tests which will help in life.
Class 8 is very crucial as it generates many qualities in a student. The detailed syllabus of MATHEMATICS CLASS 8 is as follows:
- Introduction to Rational No.s: The chapter begins with the introduction and then moves on to the properties and rational no. among two rational no.s. It includes the commutativity, associativity and function of zero and 1.
- Linear Equation in One Variable: This topic is extension of chapter linear equations studied in class 7. It teaches about how to solve the linear equations having variable on single side and on both sides and reducing equations in simplest form.
- Understanding Quadrilaterals: This topic is related to geometry. It explains all the types of polygons along with their properties, types of quadrilaterals and parallelogram aredescribed in detail with their elements, angles and diagonals.
- Practical Geometry: This chapter is interesting as it includes construction of quadrilaterals in different cases: when length of sides areprovided, when length of 2 diagonals and 3 sides are provided and few other special cases.
- Handling Data: This topic includes the organising and grouping of data. Various bar graphs, pie charts, with probability are explained. Some questions associated to real life probability are also there.
- Squares & Square Root: It introduces with the roots and properties of square no.s. It mentions the technique to solve square and square roots of a no. with prime factorisation, repeated subtracting and dividing method.
- Cubes & Cube Root: This topicbegins with the introduction to cubes and cube roots and few interesting patterns of it. It teaches how to solve cube root with prime factorisation method.
- Comparing Quantities: The topic includes ratios and percentages. It teaches how to computethe discounts, profit and loss, sales tax and VAT. Then the topic gets on to the calculation of compound interest and where it is used.
- Algebraic Expressions & Identities: This chapter contains the terms, factors, coefficients, monomials, binomials and polynomials. Adding, subtracting of algebraic expressions and multiplying of monomials, binomials, trinomials and polynomials with each other are also included.
- Visualising Solid Shapes: This topic introduces to the 3Dimensional shapes and explains the faces, vertices and its edges.
- Mensuration: This topic is related to the area of trapezium, quadrilateral and polygon. It teaches how to compute the surface area and capacity of cube, cuboid and cylinder.
- Exponents & Powers: The topicdescribes the law of exponents, powers with -ve exponents and usage of exponents to express small no.s in standard form.
- Direct & Inverse Proportion: This topic introduces to the direct and inverse proportions.
- Factorization:The chapter teaches about the factors of natural no.s, algebraic expressions and dividing algebraic expressions and polynomials by monomials.
- Introduction to Graphs: This topic introduces various type of graphs such as bar graph. Pie graph, histogram and line graph and their applications.
- Playing with numbers: The finaltopic of the book includes the divisibility tests of 2,3,9,5 and 10.
All the above mentioned chapters are very beneficial and its application is used in whole life. Apart from book students can also go for extra study material like MATHS WORKSHEET FOR CLASS 8 available in the market.